Accurately Identify Fibromyalgia.
IsolateFibromyalgia™ offers providers a new tool to quickly and accurately identify fibromyalgia syndrome. This breakthrough RNA blood test can ‘rule in’ or ‘rule out’ a suspected diagnosis of fibromyalgia and our technology delivers accuracy rates that exceed 90 percent. The test uses a simple blood draw to analyze RNA patterns found in a patient sample to see if it is consistent with a diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome.
At IQuity, we understand the challenges of accurately diagnosing fibromyalgia syndrome. Approximately 10 percent of the population suffers from chronic pain without having a specific cause associated with the pain and almost 40 percent of patients referred to pain clinics meet the diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia (1).
According to the Journal Arthritis Care and Research, patients meeting the following criteria could be diagnosed with fibromyalgia syndrome:
- a widespread pain index (WPI) score of seven or higher and a symptom severity scale (SS) score of five or higher; or,
- a WPI score of three to six and a SS score of nine or higher
- symptoms at a similar level for at least three months
- do not have another disorder that could explain symptoms
NOTE: Initially, the IsolateFibromyalgia™ test will not be available in the following states: California, Florida, and New York. IQuity will update this list as licenses are obtained.
(1) Brill S, et al. Prevalence of fibromyalgia syndrome in patients referred to a tertiary pain clinic. J Investig Med 2012; 60:685.
Ready for Answers?
If you suspect your patient may have fibromyalgia syndrome, there is now a definitive test to help you get the answers you and your patient need. IsolateFibromyalgia™ will be available by March 2018.
For more information, speak to an IQuity provider specialist.